The Grand Hotel, Brighton, 17-20 May 2016
2016 Conference Theme: The Changing Face of Work
Universities' workforces and working environments are evolving at an increasing rate. The UHR 2016 Conference will focus on the challenges and opportunities this presents to HR professionals.
- How can we best equip our organisations to respond to our increasingly digital world and to meet the needs of our Generation Z employees?
- How can we influence choices in job design and the physical working environment to improve performance whilst ensuring work remains enjoyable for staff?
- How can the drive for efficiency and productivity be combined with keeping staff engaged and motivated?
- How will the proposed Teaching Excellence Framework impact workforce planning and reward and recognition schemes?
- Does our work on diversity and inclusivity genuinely reach all areas of the workforce to make the most of the talents of all of our staff?
- What are the implications for people management, of globalisation of higher education?
View our online gallery for photos from UHR Conference 2016
UHR Annual Conference 2017
9th - 12th May 2017
The 2017 Conference took place in Newcastle and with an exciting line up of plenary speakers, workshops, legal sessions, evening social activities as well as a fantastic Gala Dinner and the UHR Awards.
With over 35 exhibitors and sponsors from across the sector on hand to offer useful advice and services throughout the event, and afterwards, there was lots of information and knowledge shared.
The UHR Conference 2017 boasted a wealth of speakers, including a fantastic closing plenary from Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson. To watch the highlights video and find details of the programme, visit the 2017 conference page.
Previous UHR Annual Conferences
2016 - To find out about the conference in Brighton, click here.
2015 - To find out about the conference in Leeds, click here.
2014 - To find out about the conference in Warwick, click here.
2013 - To find out about the conference at York, click here.