UHR 2018 CUPA Conference Bursary & USA Study Visit
What is the UHR-CUPA Bursary?
Following the success of the bursary in 2017, UHR is again offering the opportunity to an HR professional in mid-career, to attend the annual CUPA-HR conference, this year in Indianapolis, from 7 to 9 October. This development opportunity includes UHR funding conference attendance, accommodation, and reasonable subsistence and travel costs. Further support to visit a local university in the area is also available.
CUPA is the equivalent of UHR in the USA, and for many years, there has been reciprocal attendance between the two organisations by two senior members of their executives. UHR agreed with CUPA that one of its delegate places would be offered to an HR professional in mid-career, to encourage international, reciprocal learning and develop talent within the HE sector in the UK.
A key UHR aim is to enable HR innovation and learning from each other, and to build our professional skills base: the conference and study visit gave a great opportunity to do this, and there has never been a time when it’s been more important to promote learning from organisations beyond the UK.
If you want to know more about the 2017 winner, Sophie Harris, and what she learned, click here.
Who could apply for the bursary?
To be eligible you will need to be:
- Employed by a UHR member institution and expect to be so employed at the time of the conference;
- CIPD qualified, and working at a professional level below Director at CIPD profession map level 3 or 4 (e.g. senior HR manager, Assistant or Deputy Director);
- looking for opportunities to enhance your HR competence and grow personally and professionally;
- willing and able to commit the required time, as outlined;
- fully supported by your HR Director and your organisation, to participate;
- committed to sharing and using the knowledge and experience gained, for the long-term benefit of the HE HR community
- The recipient will be selected based on the areas for development they identify on their application, and the likely benefit that they and the HR profession within HE will gain.
If you have any questions, contact Helen Scott on 01273 557425 or 07592 504951 or firstname.lastname@example.org who can also put you in contact with HR Directors who have previously attended the CUPA conference and will be able to tell you more about the experience. You might also want to contact Sophie Harris, 2017’s bursary recipient, email@example.com or read some of the UHR blogs based on her study visits www.uhr.ac.uk/blog/
The deadline for applications is Friday 16 March 2018.