The university of the future - what is the cost of sustainability?
Date: 25th May 2022
Location: Online 11.00 - 12.30
Price: Free to attend
This event is a joint event run by:
AUDE, BUFDG, CUBO, HESPA, UCISA and UHR
Wednesday 25 May 2022
Time: 11am - 12.30pm
How does the urgent need to invest in reducing our environmental impact marry with fiscally conservative policies in a post-COVID world of constrained budgets? In the future, will financial sustainability and environmental sustainability be inextricably linked? What is the cost of moving to a more sustainable business model? Where might this priority conflict with other KPIs across Estates, Finance, HR, IT and Strategic Planning?
With UN Secretary-General António Guterres describing the climate emergency as “the defining issue of our time”, sustainability in our institutions is a key concern priority for staff and students alike. Indeed, a growing number of students cite this as a top priority when choosing where to study and are more discerning than ever – easily spotting the difference between legitimate eco-friendly credentials and ‘greenwashing’.
Going beyond the budget-friendly environmental policies – such as extending the life of technology assets and reducing energy waste on campuses – what investments should we be making in our people, estates, and technology now to ensure our future financial and environmental sustainability?
Second in the cross-departmental 'University of the Future' series of events, register now for this joint webinar with AUDE, BUFDG, CUBO, HESPA, UCISA, and UHR where a representative from each body will share their perspective.
- Emma Woodcock, CIO - York St John University (UCISA)
- Sarah Setchell, Chief People Officer - University of Derby (UHR)
- David Nuttall, CUBO Board member for Sustainability and Head of Catering & Retail - Harper Adams University (CUBO)
- Camille Stallard, Finance Director - University of Gloucestershire (BUFDG)
- Simon Jennings, Director of Strategy and Policy - Lancaster University (HESPA)
- Mark Warner, Sustainability Manager and member of the AUDE Sustainabilty Advisory Group - Leeds Beckett University (AUDE)
For any queries, please contact Rachel.