Emerging Leaders Programme
Date: 11th October 2022
Location: Residential - Roffey Park
Price: £2100 + VAT for the 4-day Programme (starting 11th October)
- 11th & 12th October and 14th & 15th November 2022
This programme is aimed at Senior colleagues (Deputies and Assistant Directors and their equivalent) who are interested in exploring and developing the skills and knowledge needed for Director level appointments.
Timings: 10 am start on day 1 and a 4pm finish day 2.
Fee: £2100 plus VAT per delegate This includes accommodation on the nights of the 11th October and 14th November. If additional accommodation is needed, this will need to be booked separately.
With places limited to just 12 delegates, early booking is recommended.
In the first instance Applicants are asked to send a short (2 paragraph) statement outlining their current role and why they think this programme will support their development and aspirations and confirming that their HR Director supports the application - please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be no charge until cleared for attendance so please email Gill to reserve a place. When your application has been approved you will be sent a link to this booking page to make the payment.
By the end of the whole programme you will:
- Be confident and credible as a senior HR leader
- Be able to articulate your value and purpose as a senior HR leader
- Demonstrate understanding of strategic challenges to HE and HR, and potential responses
- Be able to enhance the performance of your HR team
- Flex your influencing style in order to generate positive outcomes with senior leaders
- Be able to act as an internal consultant to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Take ongoing responsibility for your continued development
- Welcome, working together
- Strategic context, including input from someone in a senior HR or commercial role in the University sector
- Creating value
- Strategic thinking
- Self as leader (FIRO-B, 360, leadership style)
- Planning for interim
Module Two (to be finalised with the group)
- Welcome back, interim review
- Power, politics, and conflict
- Building high performance teams
- Guest speaker
- Resilience (self and others)
- Planning for continued development
Please note, in order to book a place on this event you will need a UHR website user account. If you do not yet have an account you have 2 choices: