Middle Leaders Development Programme
Date: 9th June 2022
Location: Online: Over 3 days (four hours each day)
Price: £525 + VAT
UHR in partnership with the CIPD
Thursdays 9, 16 & 23 June 2022
- Timings: 09.30-10.30; 10.50-11.50; Lunch; 13.00-14.00 and 14.20-15.20
Fee: £525 plus VAT per delegate
This workshop has been created in collaboration between UHR and CIPD to support the professional development of HR middle leaders (senior business partners/HR managers) wanting to progress into HR leadership positions (Head of HR/Assistant Director). Aligned to the CIPD Profession Map, the learning covers Business Acumen (Core Knowledge), Professional Courage and Influence (Core Behaviour) and Organisation Development (Specialist Knowledge) and will be underpinned by relevant standards at Chartered Member impact level.
Why attend this programme? Colleagues who are interested in developing the skills and knowledge needed to undertake a more senior role in an HR team will find that this programme provides a combination of input and challenge that will take their professional practice to the next level.
The workshop will be delivered over 3 days, with four 60 minute virtual classrooms on each and will be very much a live learning experience. It will be facilitated by two different subject matter experts, Payal Gaglani Bhatt (for days 1 and 2) and Olivia Parrish (day 3), whilst retaining a consistent and cohesive structure and narrative throughout.
Day 1 - Business Acumen
- Analyse the business context for HEIs to identify the industry changes, challenges and opportunities.
- Assess the future trends impacting higher education and the people profession to identify strategic direction.
- Develop strategies for People Practitioners to add and measure value created for the business
- Identify business focussed people solutions to achieve organisational strategic outcomes
Day 2 - Professional courage and influence
- Demonstrate understanding of the needs of the key stakeholders and potential areas of concern.
- Develop strategies to communicate confidently and have impactful conversations.
- Demonstrate techniques used for influencing outcomes with professional courage.
- Practice strategies to challenge constructively and handle conflicts of interest in the people practice context
Day 3: Focus on Organisation Development
- Describe the different consulting processes and styles in OD
- Using OD to diagnose organisational effectiveness
- Identify the key roles and responsibilities of OD practitioners needed to develop OD interventions
- Evaluate the implementation of OD interventions and judge which would suit your business unit/organisation
Payal Gaglani Bhatt
Payal is a strategic business leader, a change and transformation expert, and a Human Resources Consultant. She passionately believes that engagement and 'bonding' is the unique proposition that makes a difference between ordinary and extra-ordinary. It is because of this belief that she uses gamification and play-based andragogy based in neuroscience and psychology to really connect with her clients, students and audience.
Payal started her career in higher education, grew her expertise in adult learning and has now established herself in the people profession. She champions principles of storytelling, multi-sensory approaches to communication and investing in personal branding in everything she does.
Payal has worked, studied and lived in India, UAE, Canada and the UK and she has a master’s degree in human resources, is a Chartered Member of CIPD, a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute and is the 2021 Shortlisted winner of the Chartered Manager of the Year award. She is also a tutor and assessor for the CIPD and CMI qualifications. Payal is a passionate entrepreneur, playful mother of two and a powerful champion of women in leadership!
Olivia is passionate about how businesses unlock the potential in their people to achieve commercial success. A curious and passionate Organisational Design and Development specialist who brings a wide-range of experiences from her HR and L&D career in the UK and US in a range of sectors from professional services, engineering, private healthcare, hospitality and the public sector.
In her roles as a Coach, Mentor and Facilitator Olivia uses her experience to bring clarity to individual, team and organisational challenges and creates momentum to align solutions to support the outcomes required with imagination, a supportive approach and a genuine interest in people.
With a background as a curious and commercially focused Group HR Director with broad HR, L&D and Organisational Development experience in a variety of sectors, Olivia easily adapted to new industry environments. Passionate about being part of a business where a culture can be developed that allows behavioural transformation to unlock potential.
Please note, in order to book a place on this event you will need a UHR website user account. If you do not yet have an account you have 2 choices: