POSTPONED - The Aspiring HR Business Partners' Programme
Date: 17th March 2020
Location: Birmingham City University
Price: £595 + VAT
UHR in partnership with the CIPD
17th March, 21st April and 12th May 2020
Venue: Birmingham City University -Curzon Building4 Cardigan StreetBirminghamB4 7BD
The link below provides travel directions, parking and maps to the City Centre Campus- Curzon Building:
Registration will take place from 9.15am ready for a 9.30am start. A buffet lunch will be provided along with refreshments throughout the day and the event will finish at 4.30pm.
Fee: £595 plus VAT per delegate
This programme is aimed at HR Advisors/Officers who are on an upward career trajectory to a business partnering role, as well as those who are new to the HR Business Partner role and feel they would benefit from further development to strengthen their organisational impact.
The programme is non-residential and comprises 3 modules taking place a month apart, allowing time for reflection and action to embed learning. Participants successfully completing the programme will receive a CIPD HRBP Masterclass Certificate.
Module One: Tuesday 17th March 2020
Module Two: Tuesday 21st April 2020
Module Three: Tuesday 12th May 2020
Commitment to ongoing development will be encouraged by participants establishing a mentoring relationship with a UHR Mentor at Senior Business Partner level.
This three-day behavioural-focused programme will help you develop your strategic thinking to better connect and engage with your client base, develop purposeful data analytics as an evidence framework for organisational development interventions, as well as honing your skills as a trusted and influential advisor, able to confidently coach and mentor your prime stakeholders.
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Appreciate the trends and resulting impact of the future of work
- Define the role of an HRBP in a changing context
- Identify the foundations of ‘Business Savvy’ HR
- Scan the environment and apply a strategic mindset
- Position HR for strategic purpose and planning
- Develop a strategic partnering approach
- Describe the organisational business model
- Generate insight from data and evidence
- Connect with curiosity, purpose and impact
- Lead with integrity, consideration and challenge
- Develop trust and the courage to challenge
- Determine stakeholders and influence with impact
- Choose a coaching/mentoring approach
- Apply situational coaching/mentoring skills
- Commit to workplace application
If you wish to enquire about the suitability of the programme for yourself or a colleague, please contact email@example.com Spaces are restricted to 14 delegates. The booking deadline is: 1st March 2020.
The fee for the three-day programme is £595 + VAT per delegate including materials, lunch and refreshments. Should delegates wish to stay in a hotel the night before, this will be at their cost.
Pre-reading: CIPD: A collection of thought pieces on the evolving HR function
- The future of work
- The role of an HRBP
- Business Savvy HR
- The strategic mindset
- Positioning HR for strategic purpose
- Strategic partnering
Mid-term focus: Implement your Action Plan for enhancing strategic partnering
- Understanding the organisational model in depth
- Generating insight from data and evidence
- Connecting with curiosity, purpose and intent
- Leading with integrity, consideration and challenge
Mid-term focus: Implement your Action Plan for enhancing organisational insight for impactful interventions
- A trusted advisor
- The influential HRBP
- HRBP as an organisational coach-mentor
- Workplace application
Post programme: Implement your Action Plan for enhancing your influence with key stakeholders