UHR 2016 Conference & Exhibition
The Grand Hotel, Brighton, 17-20 May 2016
2016 Conference Theme: The Changing Face of Work
Universities' workforces and working environments are evolving at an increasing rate. The UHR 2016 Conference will focus on the challenges and opportunities this presents to HR professionals.
- How can we best equip our organisations to respond to our increasingly digital world and to meet the needs of our Generation Z employees?
- How can we influence choices in job design and the physical working environment to improve performance whilst ensuring work remains enjoyable for staff?
- How can the drive for efficiency and productivity be combined with keeping staff engaged and motivated?
- How will the proposed Teaching Excellence Framework impact workforce planning and reward and recognition schemes?
- Does our work on diversity and inclusivity genuinely reach all areas of the workforce to make the most of the talents of all of our staff?
- What are the implications for people management, of globalisation of higher education?
IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION
Conductor members of the RMT union have called a strike for Wednesday 18 May. If the strike takes place it will have a significant effect on Southern Railway services from 07:30 to 18:00 on the day, with some lines having no service and others, including London Bridge to Brighton, having a reduced service where trains are expected to be very busy.
For comprehensive, up-to-the-minute information visit the Southern website at:-
The 2016 UHR Conference and Exhibition will be held at the Grand Hotel Brighton, 17-20 May 2016.
The Grand Hotel Brighton is an iconic building which stands proudly on the East Sussex city's seafront. Formerly part of the De Vere group, the traditional Victorian hotel is one of the most memorable and familiar of the many hotels lining Brighton’s sea-facing King’s Road. Grand by name, grand by nature; there is an air of elegance and longevity that graces this popular grande dame. The impressive hotel boasts fantastic views from its sea-facing bedrooms and its restaurant. A multi-million pound refurbishment was completed in July 2013 which makes it the place to stay on Brighton's seafront.
Accommodation in the first instance will be allocated in The Grand, with additional accommodation reserved at the adjacent Hilton and Holiday Inn hotels.
Please note all accommodation is allocated on a first come first served basis.
Car parking is available at the Grand which is chargeable directly to the hotel. The car park is accessed from Cannon Place and has 40 parking spaces available to guests at £30.00 per 24 hour period with spaces allocated on a first come first served basis. On arrival please check with the hotel concierge that there are parking spaces available. Alternatively there is a National Car Park (NCP) directly behind the hotel on Russell Road which has over 500 spaces which is currently available at a cost of £25.00 per 24 hours.