UHR is the professional organisation for Human Resources practitioners in the United Kingdom and Eire universities.
The association is divided into geographical areas, members of which meet several times a year to exchange news and disseminate best practice. Each area group nominates a member to serve on the Executive Committee, together with a number of directly elected representatives and officers.
The Executive Committee, including the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary, meets every four months to formulate policy, plan activities and give strategic direction to the association. UHR is assisted by a part-time Executive Officer.
A three day residential conference is held each year in the spring.
Development days are held throughout the year on topics such as employment law.
UHR works with associated bodies such as Universities UK , UCCEA and GuildHE to offer co-ordinated responses to consultations by bodies such as the Funding Councils and government, and to share information and best practice.
The Executive Committee currently comprises:
- NE Chair: Andy Dodman (University of Sheffield)
- South Chair: Gavin Wright (University of Brighton)
- Midlands Chair: Jayne Billam (Nottingham Trent University)
- SW Chair: Arlene Stone (Bath Spa University)
- Scotland Chair: Mairi Stewart (University of St Andrews)
- Wales Chair: Sue Midha (Cardiff University)
- NW Chair: Paul Boustead (Lancaster University)
- M25 Chair: Dean Morley (Kingston University)
- Republic of Ireland Chair: Tommy Foy (University of Limerick)
Nationally elected representatives
- Duncan Barratt (University of Westminster) - to 30/09/2019
- Kath Clarke (Goldsmiths, University of London) - to 30/09/2019
- Alison Cross (Oxford Brookes University) - to 30/09/2018
- Clare Curran (Durham University) - to 30/09/2019
- Kim Frost (University of London, Senate House) - to 30/09/2017
The Executive Officer is Helen Scott, email@example.com
Use the information on the Contact UHR page to get in touch about
- general queries
- conference bookings
- website questions/problems
- continuing professional development