2017 UHR Awards for Excellence in HR
It's time to enter for the UHR awards for excellence in HR in higher education. These recognise outstanding and innovative projects, teams and individuals that have led transformational change in their organisations. The winners of the 2017 UHR awards for excellence in HR will be announced at the UHR conference on the evening of 11 May 2017 in Newcastle.
Why should we enter?
To share and celebrate good practice, enable and encourage HR innovation, and show HR professional within and beyond HE, the significant impact on organisational performance that HR has in higher education. It's also a great opportunity to encourage and motivate the HR team, especially if you win. The awards generate much positive publicity, and entries are often featured in showcasing events and publications about effectiveness in the sector.
What are the categories?
- Business Effectiveness through Innovation: for an innovative initiative led by, or with significant input from, HR that has driven demonstrably enhanced organisational performance through people.
- Learning & Organisational Development: for a learning and/or organisational development initiative led by. or with significant input from HR, that achieved culture change, demonstrably positioning the organisation effectively to meet future challenges and uncertainty.
- Equality and Diversity: for the role of HR in a successful and impactful initiative involving equality or diversity.
- Exceptional HR: for exceptional achievement by an HR team.
Who are the judges?
Key people with experience and knowledge of good people management practices within and beyond Higher Education
• Professor Janet Beer, Vice Chancellor of the University of Liverpool, and President-elect of Universities UK
• Professor Gareth Jones, INSEAD and London Business School
• David D'Souza, CIPD Head of London and Head of Engagement
• Sandra Heidinger, UHR Chair, and Director of Human Resources, University of Strathclyde
How do I enter?
Download an entry form and further information about categories, format of entries, and timelines, or visit the awards information page.
If you want some inspiration from previous successful projects and initiatives, you can follow the links below.
2016 winners and runners up
Business Effectiveness & Organisational Development
Equality & Diversity
Outstanding individual achievement
HR talent for the future
Information about some of the other winning and commended entries in the last few years is available below.
If you have any questions about the awards, please email email@example.com